Layer 7 traffic classification and control
Network traffic is analyzed using sophisticated fingerprinting, categorized by each network flow, and enforced according to access control policies. Traditional firewalls can’t control evasive, encrypted, and peer-to-peer applications, but they are controlled by Meraki firewalls (included in all Meraki’s wireless access points and security appliances).
Intrusion Detection Engine
Your network is protected against malicious entities and threats with a combination of automatically updated signature, protocol, and anomaly-based inspection methods that ensure ironclad security at all times.
Identity-Based and Device-Aware Security
Appropriate device-specific levels of network access are controlled, detected, and classified automatically per specific network rules. The impressive category-based content filter matches content against millions of URLs in dozens of categories. Finally, Cisco Meraki’s Active Directory integration applies access controls specific to each user classification, updated automatically and dynamically from the cloud.
Outstanding Abilities and Securities of Meraki Firewalls
There are a dozen different types of Meraki MX series firewalls (both wired or wireless), regularly released with outstanding abilities and securities.
- 100% cloud-managed security
- Layer 7 application visibility
- Advanced traffic shaping, application classification and management, and prioritization
- Enables identity-based policies
- Web caching
- WAN uplink by traffic type
- Smart link bonding
- Auto VPN self-configuring
- Site-to-site VPN
- SD-WAN with a stateful firewall throughput from 250 Mbps to 6 Gbps
- VPN throughput from 450 Mbps to 2 Gbps for 50-10,000 clients (or as VPN concentrator)
- Advanced security throughput up to 4 Gbps
- Client VPN (IPsec) and 3G/4G failover via USB modem or CAT 6 LTE on select models
- Dual-band, dual-concurrent channels at 2.4 and 5 GHz
- 2-stream 802.11ac Wave 2 and 802.11n up to 1.3 Gbps on select models
- 1G/10G fiber and copper interfaces for flexible LAN connectivity and redundancy
- Geo-based IP firewalls for advanced security
And remember, you can implement, manage, and identify security faults remotely without ever having to leave your home office.