Meraki (meh·RAH·kee) is a modern Greek word that is not directly translatable to English but describes “doing something with soul, creativity, or love—when you put ‘something of yourself’ into what you’re doing, whatever it may be.”
It’s a charming (albeit dramatic) sentiment that Cisco Meraki embodies—creating something special that IT professionals will love. But exactly what is Cisco Meraki, what does it offer that other brands don’t (other than an embodiment of soul, creativity, and love), and why is it such a trusted solution in the IT industry?
We’ll fill you in on all the answers to these questions so you can leave informed and confident in what Stratus Information Systems has to offer for the premier Meraki product portfolio.
What Is Cisco Meraki?
Cisco Meraki is a cloud-managed enterprise networking solution that uses out-of-band cloud architecture to deploy highly scalable networks easily and is very secure from any device, anywhere.
It boasts many powerful features that give an outstanding user experience and allow you to focus on your core professional goals, like climbing the corporate ladder that’s right in front of you.
Cisco Meraki features include:
- Consistent and replicable configuration capabilities for different sites and devices
- Automatic and scheduled firmware upgrades
- Automatically configured and secured site-to-site VPN
- Layer-7 traffic visibility, filters, rules, and reports
- Virtual Stacking of all switchports
- Intelligent WAN traffic optimization based on current performance
- Systems Manager to control and push configuration changes for device applications
- Automatic network topology map for leaving outdated Visios behind
What Is Cisco Meraki Used For?
Cisco Meraki is a premier provider of cloud infrastructure used for managing enterprise networks with no hands-on maintenance.
For a quick rundown of Cisco Meraki’s features and what they are used for:
- MR Series Wireless Access Points are used for intuitively deploying, configuring, managing, and analyzing a safer and smarter dynamic network.
- MS Series Switches from Cisco Meraki are used for configuring thousands of ports simultaneously via zero-touch provisioning.
- MX Series Firewalls from Cisco Meraki are used for offering powerful throughput levels, simplifying the multiple-site setup process, and strengthening security threat protection.
- System Mobile Device Management from Cisco Meraki is used for centralizing and simplifying device management overall network-connected endpoints.
In other words, Cisco Meraki makes miracles happen.
What Cisco Meraki Offers That Other Brands Don’t
Cisco Meraki is the most trusted enterprise cloud-networking management solution in the IT industry. Why? Because Meraki transcends the capabilities of any other.
Attain a level of network authority and security most IT professionals can only dream of:
- Access and manage all devices from one dashboard.
- Guard and immediately identify intruders well before they can cause any damage.
- Isolate and remotely fix issues within minutes.
- Virtually collaborate with other teams in ways never before possible.
Finally, the power that you’ve always wanted is yours.
Access unlimited resources and on-demand expansion to broaden your networking realm while still reducing costs. With no controller hardware or management software to install and maintain, it’s suddenly feasible to scale up or down at your command.
Data scientist—“the people who can coax treasures out of messy, unstructured data”—was named “The Sexiest Job of the 21st Century” by Harvard Business Review in 2012. But record-keeping itself is not a sexy task, nor is trying to make sense of unstructured, unhelpful data.
Fortunately, Meraki thrives on automatically analyzing an impressive array of up-to-the-minute metrics for which you can take the credit while flaunting your knowledge-based assets.
Crucial Time and Cost Savings
The competition is fierce, and you’ve got no time (or money) to lose. Banish all busywork and free your time for more critical C-level projects. Cut costs to please even the most concerned member of the finance department. More than anything else, these two things will get you recognized and rewarded for all the high-level work you do day in and day out.
Where to Go for More Information
We know you’re a busy IT professional with many demands on your time, so we’ll get straight to the point.
Cisco Meraki is the most trusted cloud-networking management solution in the IT industry, and Stratus Information Systems is a Cisco premier partner. We’ll provide you with the hardware you need to make work quicker and easier for yourself, your fellow employees, and your entire C-level team.
- Project Consultation
- Network Deployment
- Management and Education